Re: [Swftools-common] Editable text with pdf2swf

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Editable text with pdf2swf
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:50:30 +0100

On 26 April 2010 09:39, Anders Gunnarsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok thanks. Swfdump seems to give me some useful information
> about the swf content.

It does - though it seems to get a few things slightly off-kilter too.
I only say that since I've been deciphering the format myself in an
effort to let me patch a few oddities ( long way to go though ).

'swfstrings' can help as well, to a point.

> Though I don't understand if it's possible to use the font information
> to make embedded fonts in the swf file, enabling me to create dynamic /
> input textfields.

It not the fonts themselves that is the problem.  Locating, amending and/or
replacing the appropriate Flash Tag is.

> If I would use device font, that limits me to the users installed font,
> and what I can see from the swfdump info I can't even see the name of the
> font (only gives me a bunch of coordinates and splines)

You can always encode the font as an SWF, then embed that:

               http://www.swftools.org/font2swf.html

swfdump can be limited as to what it finds, depending on how the swf was
created.  Then again, like all the other parts of swftools. it is a work in
progress.

Regards,

Chris.