Re: [Swftools-common] version 1.0?

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] version 1.0?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:09:27 +0100

On 21 April 2010 10:03, Dr. Alex Sheppard <address@hidden> wrote:
>     I read Andreas' post to mean 'Stable' as in Debian ... as in unchanging,

Err.. hmm...

> rather than 'Stable' as in always works (Debian does well on both meanings,

..err... a bit biased there Alex, if I may say so!  ;o)    Even Debian
can extremely
unstable if pushed - think of all those horrible dependencies.   Of
course, this all
depends on how one does one's individual pushing and meddling!  For example,
I have an extremely stable system here.  It was originally minimal
Slackware, but,
has had almost taken everything out, and a whole load more put back in from
source. That includes the kernel several times over, along with all the stuff
associated with it.  Result?  An extremely stable system that gives me
very little
if any, trouble.   Same goes for my ( VPS ) servers.   Hey, but then
I'm stubborn!

> but the notion of unchanging is what they really refer to).  He wants to
> test thoroughly and know what does / doesn't work, and know that those test
> results will still be valid next week, next month, ...

Nothing my friend is 'unchanging'!  Ask the Universe/Cosmos/God. ;o)

>  But i may be crossing my wires. If my interpretation is correct, why not
> just pick the version 0.9.X as your 'stable' -  why does it need to be 1.0??

Because, as far as I am aware, it doesn't work as wished.  Nor does it
have the latest
improvements.