[Swftools-common] Help with swftools install and R

From: boyc0019
Subject: [Swftools-common] Help with swftools install and R
Date: 20 Dec 2009 12:48:14 -0600

Hi

I’m new to the list, so I hope I’m posting to the correct forum. I installed swftools 0.9.0 on windows Vista. I am trying to save an animated scatter plot in R using this code

saveSWF(Placement.scatter(), interval = 0.05, dev = "pdf", outdir = getwd(), para = list(mar = c(0, 0, 2, 0)))

I’ve load the library(animation)

but I keep getting this error message:

“Error in saveSWF(Placement.scatter(), interval = 0.05, dev = "pdf", outdir = getwd(), : swftools not found; please install swftools first: http://www.swftools.org”

Do I need to do something special to point R to a swftools executable file? Is it directory specific? I tried installing from R “install packages from local zip files” and that didn’t work either.

thanks !

TmBoyce