Re: [Swftools-common] swftools - convert the links of pdf documents

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swftools - convert the links of pdf documents
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:19:20 +0200

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 03:21:18PM +0530, Vineeth K Kandathil <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Meanwhile I realised that I can use pdf2swf to generate separate swf for
> each page, but I may need to call pdf2swf in a loop, which is ok with me.

You don't actually need to call it in a loop-
just run
    pdf2swf file.pdf -o page%.swf
.

> But then  a specific requirement came up, The customer wanted to navigate
> the pages using the links available in pdf document (from a TOC page that is
> embedded inside the document or Continue on page 10 type links). This was
> not considered by me originally. And I searched the mailing list of pdf2swf
> and found that some an option -s internallinkfunction function may come
> handy  But I am not sure how can pass the parameter to the  function I
> define and/or how the converted swfs keeps the link parameter.

I guess that your viewer application will be Flash 9.
So what I'd recommend is doing
    pdf2swf -T9 -s linkfunction file.pdf -o page%.swf
.
That'll generate a Flash TextEvent
(http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/flash/events/TextEvent.html)
every time the user clicks on a link.
The event's text will be the link URL or page number.