Re: [Swftools-common] converting a folder of pdfs to a folder of swfs

From: Vincent Pexutski
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] converting a folder of pdfs to a folder of swfs
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 00:28:08 -0400

Thank you Chris,

You have solved my problem.  For anyone with the same problem-- First I tried putting in the whole path as you said and got:
'C:\Program' is not recognized as...

I didn't feel like figuring out how to escape the space character, so I copied the pdf2swf.exe file into the folder with my pdfs.  The code I showed in my original question yielded:
Error: do you want the output to go to  and or to Settings\Vincent?

over and over again.  The code that I ended up with that worked was:
FOR %A in (*.pdf) DO pdf2swf %A

Thank you again for your help.  You saved me a lot of time/stress/agony.

-Vince

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
>2009/8/9 Vincent Pexutski <address@hidden>:
> I know this has been asked before in the archives, but I'm interested in
> creating a single swf with no adornment for each page in my pdf.  I've
> broken the pdf (~800 pages) into separate pages, but I don't want to use the
> interface to do each one.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2005-09/msg00025.html
> lists some code for the command line:
> C:\temp\pdf>  FOR /R %I in (*.pdf) DO @pdf2swf %~fI -o %~dpI%~nI.swf
>
> which ran several times with this output (I'm on XP):
> 'pdf2swf' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> I'm kind of a n00b at the command line, so I'm probably doing something
> wrong.

XP can't find the pdf2swf command.  Either execute pdf2swf from the directory
it actually resides in, or else specify the *full* path to it , for example,
replace

   pdf2swf

would become,

  c:\your_full_path_to\swftools\pdf2swf

Here is a link to a pretty straightforward explanation of the use of
the Batch command,
as available under XP

   http://commandwindows.com/batch.htm

It will help guide you in your experiments!

HTH.

Regards,

Chris,.