[Swftools-common] What does the -G or -flatten option in pdf2swf mean

From: Andreas Haufler \(scireum\)
Subject: [Swftools-common] What does the -G or -flatten option in pdf2swf mean
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:30:46 +0200

Hi everyone,

I just encountered a swf (generated by pdf2swf) which is terribly slow (takes 100% on my core2quad to render). Now I tried the –G option in pdf2swf and *wow*, it works like a charm, and the cpu is not bothered at all. So I wonder if this option has any downsides or side-effects, or if I can turn it on by default for all my conversation?

Best regards,

Andy

freundliche Grüße
scireum - Ein Unternehmen der TTI GmbH

i.A. Andreas Haufler
Projektleiter scireum

TTI GmbH - TGU scireum, Friedrichstr. 8, 70736 Fellbach

Tel: (0711) 69394632  -  E-Mail:   address@hidden
Fax: (0711) 69394635  -  Internet: http://www.scireum.de

TTI GmbH - Zentrale, Nobelstr. 15, 70569 Stuttgart

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Bertsche, Elgar Rödler

Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 19455