[Swftools-common] PDF2SWF viewer in actionscript 3.0

From: Brad Pitcher
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF viewer in actionscript 3.0
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:15:42 -0700

Hi everone,
I wanted a viewer for pdfs written in actionscript 3.0, but I didn't
see one in the swfs directory so I thought I should write one.  I've
already run into trouble however.  The wiki page says to make sure and
include a rectangle or movieclip called viewport to show the pdf in.
I'm doing so but I still get an error when I try to combine the swfs:

swfcombine  -X 595 -Y 842 "/my/ac3/viewer.swf"
viewport="mypdfconvertedto.swf" -o "mypdfconvertedto.swf"
WARNING Didn't find anything named viewport in file. No substitutions
will occur.

here is my code

package {
    import flash.display.MovieClip;

    public class Main extends MovieClip
    {
        function Main()
        {
            var viewport:MovieClip = new MovieClip();
            this.addChild(viewport);
        }
    }
}

as you can see it's incredible simple, I just can't get it to work.  I
tried making viewport a global variable or a public class variable but
nothing seems to work.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
_brad_