[Swftools-common] compiling pdf2swf.exe with linux mingw

From: matt cline
Subject: [Swftools-common] compiling pdf2swf.exe with linux mingw
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:41:38 -0700

ok..ive given up on compliling pdf2swf.exe in windows cygwin w/o cygwin being installed on the sytem dependency.

Ive given up on compiling pdf2swf.exe on windows with mingw32/msys.
The problem i left off with there was durning make i would get the following:

xpdf/gfile.cc : In Function 'char * mktmpname(char*);

xpdf/gfile.cc:474: error: 'lrand48' was not declared in this scope

make[2]: *** [xpdf/gfile.obj] Error 1

make[1]: ***[libpdf.lib] Error 2

Now I'm now trying to compile pdf2swf.exe with ubuntu 9.04/MingW
for compiling i use the following command:

./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc

I get >
ERROR:
You need zlib to compile swftools

I already have zlib installed AND ive compiled zlib with the following:
CC=/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc AR="/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-ar rc" RANLIB=/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-ranlib ./configure --prefix=/opt/minw
make
make install

what i dont know, is what to do with - where to put - what to name the resulting example and or minigzip files so that the configure process will pick them up?

I'm not in dire need of recompiling with my source changes at all....this has just sort of become an obsession, and im pullin out hair trying to figure out what method im going to use to compile exe's...any light on this would definately help me get some sleep..thx