[Swftools-common] sound in sprites

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] sound in sprites
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:26:38 +0100

Hi Matthias and others,

after having some issues with sound in sprites, I have read the SWF spec (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/swf/pdf/swf_file_format_spec_v10.pdf) and I'm not sure that I understood what I read at the bottom of page 233.

”The following tags are valid within a DefineSprite tag:
• ShowFrame                    • StartSound
• PlaceObject                  • FrameLabel
• PlaceObject2                 • SoundStreamHead
• RemoveObject                 • SoundStreamHead2
• RemoveObject2                • SoundStreamBlock
• All Actions (see Actions)    • End”

And on the third paragraph of the first section on page 207:

“The main timeline of a SWF file can only have a single streaming sound playing at a time, but each sprite can have its own streaming sound (see Sprites and Movie Clips).”

Does that it mean that sprites or movieclips cannot contain event sounds?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo