Re: [Swftools-common] FileAttributes tag in SWF 8

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FileAttributes tag in SWF 8
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 03:59:22 +0100

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:42:04AM +0800, Du Song <address@hidden> wrote:
> according to Page 59 of
> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/swf/pdf/swf_file_format_spec_v10.pdf
> The FileAttributes tag defines characteristics of the SWF file. This
> tag is required for SWF 8
> and later and must be the first tag in the SWF file. Additionally, the
> FileAttributes tag can
> optionally be included in all SWF file versions.
>
> but in rfxswf.c:
> int WriteExtraTags(SWF*swf, writer_t*writer)
> {
>     if(swf->fileVersion >= 9) {

For Flash 8, the FILEATTRIBUTES tag doesn't make much sense,
as its primary purpose is to switch to AS3, which is supported
since Flash 9.
Unless there's a particular benefit in adding this tag for
Flash 8 files, I'd rather leave it away, as it just wastes
file space.

> ...//write FileAttributes and other tags.
>     }
> }
>
> btw, there is a flag in rfxswf.c
> int no_extra_tags = 0;
> but no where to change it

That's just for internal purposes.

What are you working on, or trying to do?

Greetings