Re: [Swftools-common] Help with search highlight

From: jriggio
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Help with search highlight
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:54:22 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for your help. I have seen that example but still not having any
luck with it. This is what I have been doing maybe you can help me out.
CODE:

_root.createEmptyMovieClip("container",1);
container._x = 110;
container._y = 60;
loadMovie("swfs/testM001.swf", "container");

searchText_mc.onRelease = function() {
        trace("Start Searching The Doc");
        hltext("wonderful");
}

//viewport.loadMovie("swfs/testM001.swf");

function hltext ( txt ) {
        //trace("hltext");
        var mc = _root.container;
        var my_snap:TextSnapshot = mc.getTextSnapshot();
        var start_pos:Number = 0;

        start_pos = my_snap.findText(start_pos, txt, false);
        trace("start_pos : " + start_pos);

        while (start_pos > 0) {
    trace(start_pos);

        my_snap.setSelected(start_pos, start_pos + txt.length, true);
        start_pos += txt.length;
        start_pos = my_snap.findText(start_pos, txt, false);
        }

}

It keeps giving me this output:

Start Searching The Doc
start_pos : -1

before I had it giving me a buch of sets of numbers. I don't know what I
did but I can get that to work again. I just want to search and highlight
text in my swfs. This is driving me mad. Any help would be AWESOME!!!