Re: [Swftools-common] PDF converts backwards

From: Jeff Seibert
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF converts backwards
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:58:35 -0800

Thanks, Matthias! Glad to hear I am not going crazy ;)

Jeff

On Dec 18, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Matthias Kramm wrote:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:54:55AM -0800, Jeff Seibert <address@hidden > wrote:
I am having an issue where one of my PDFs is converting backwards -
that is, shapes in the background of the PDF appear in the foreground
of the resulting SWF.

I have posted the (very simple) PDF here:

http://www.ariossoftware.com/pub/backwards.pdf

You will notice when opening the pdf that the shape is generally green-
colored. When I convert it with this command:

./swftools-2008-11-19-1013/src/pdf2swf --flashversion=9 -s scale=100 -
o logoobject2As.swf logoobject2As.pdf

I get a SWF that where the shape is generally yellow-colored. This is
not a color issue but instead a reversal: the yellow shapes are
supposed to be underneath the green ones.

Very interesting problem- thank you for the file.

It's a fill mode issue. It might take a while until this is fixed- in
the meantime, you should get the file to convert correctly by using the
"-s poly2bitmap" option.

Greetings