[Swftools-common] How do i get swf's bbox in AS3?

From: Mikael Nilsson
Subject: [Swftools-common] How do i get swf's bbox in AS3?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:05:30 +0000

Hello

I'm trying to load swf's into a flash9 AS3 app. After loading an swf i need to resize/rescale the swf to get rid of the "extra space" that pdf2swf sometimes creates outside of the visibel content. In Flash8 AS2 i could use the [loadedSwf].xmax | .ymax and so on but in AS3 i can't seem to access these variables due to security in AS2 vs. AS3.

AS3 loads my swf's as AVM1Movie-objects since they are exported as Flash 6 and AS2, so access to varables and stuff inside of the swf are restricted.

Does anybody have a solution or workaround for this? (Preferably without remaking the swf's as later flash-verison since i allready have quite a lot of them to work with.)

/Mikael

Kolla på video med dina Messenger-polare! Messenger TV