[Swftools-common] pdf2swf - possible to define pixel width / height?

From: Tom Frank Christensen
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - possible to define pixel width / height?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:55:41 +0200

Hi

I’m converting PDF to SWF with pdf2swf, with this command currently in PHP

$whattorun = "--pages=".$pagenr." -q -z -s zoom=72 ".$tmpname." -o ".$highresdir."00-".$pagenrwo.".swf";

exec("/usr/local/bin/pdf2swf $whattorun");

But I found that some of the PDF’s that we get is high res high quality PDF’s for print quality- meaning 1200DPI

These files, reduced to 72DPI will still be with a very high width, compared to other 72DPI documents I get converted.

So you guys has any real good suggestions on how to calculate an DPI or specify an trigger for the $whattorun where I can force the SWF that I get – to be a width of 980 pixel instead of an variable pixel width?

Reason: Using an pageflip loader for pdf2swf with zoomed, and when its zoomed, its supposed to be 980px – but in some specific catalougs its maybe 1200px instead, and others its 800px at 72DPI.

Thanks in advance

Yours truly,

? Tom Frank Christensen, IT-Ansvarlig

: Spar30.dk A/S, IT-afd.