RE: [Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc

From: Huub Schaeks
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 07:09:31 +0200

Hello Peter I usually put some trace calls into the actionscript and use the standalone flash player (sorry, don't remember where exactly i got that from, it's adobe though) to look at what these spit out. I beleive you can use as2 within scwfc, but I'm not quite sure on that. Regards Huub ---------------------------------------- > Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 22:53:31 +0300 > From: address@hidden > To: address@hidden > Subject: [Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc > > Hello all, > > I am trying to figure out how to debug Actionscript embedded in sc-scritpts. > Until now I have managed to create simple animations using swfc with > links (buttons) in them. But when I try to do something more complex I > am usually stuck at a point when the sc file is compiling without any > complaint, but the Actionscript in it doesn't work. > I have experience with PHP, but not with Actionscript. If any of you is > using actively swfc, please tell me how you deal with this problem, how > are you debugging your scripts? > How to know where the error is and what is causing it? > Another question I have is how to know what parts of the Actionscript > language is supported by swfc and what is not? What is happening when > swfc encounters unsupported function or language construct for example? > Do you know any good Actionscript resource - tutorials, books, that is > not of the type 'click this button in Adobe Flash..., paste this code in > some window, drag this somewhere...', that is something that is not > entirely about the Adobe application? > > Thanks in advance! > > Peter > > -- > http://receptibg.com - рецепти, готварство и хранене, менюта, статии, идеи и полезни съвети > ------- > Boryana & Peter Kostovi, > web design & webdevelopment > home site: http://bgwebdeveloper.com > > >

Plan je evenement, nodig mensen uit en deel je foto's met Windows Live Events