Re: [Swftools-common] Using pdf2swf

From: Chana, Jaz
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Using pdf2swf
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 08:17:16 +0100

The output is;

checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin8.11.1
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin8.11.1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc supports lazy variable declaration... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gzip... gzip
checking host system type... (cached) i386-apple-darwin8.11.1
checking for target system...
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking for jpeg_write_raw_data in -ljpeg... yes
checking for T1_LoadFont in -lt1... no
checking for DGifOpen in -lungif... no
checking for DGifOpen in -lgif... no
checking for byte order... little endian
checking whether system() can handle command substitution... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking gif_lib.h usability... no
checking gif_lib.h presence... no
checking for gif_lib.h... no
checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking t1lib.h usability... no
checking t1lib.h presence... no
checking for t1lib.h... no
checking assert.h usability... yes
checking assert.h presence... yes
checking for assert.h... yes
checking signal.h usability... yes
checking signal.h presence... yes
checking for signal.h... yes
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking dirent.h usability... yes
checking dirent.h presence... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking sys/bsdtypes.h usability... no
checking sys/bsdtypes.h presence... no
checking for sys/bsdtypes.h... no
checking sys/ndir.h usability... no
checking sys/ndir.h presence... no
checking for sys/ndir.h... no
checking sys/dir.h usability... yes
checking sys/dir.h presence... yes
checking for sys/dir.h... yes
checking ndir.h usability... no
checking ndir.h presence... no
checking for ndir.h... no
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for boolean... no
checking for popen... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for stat... yes
checking for lrand48... yes
checking for rand... yes
checking for srand48... yes
checking for srand... yes
checking for bcopy... yes
checking for bzero... yes
checking for time... yes
checking for signed... yes
checking size of signed... 4
checking for unsigned... yes
checking size of unsigned... 4
checking for signed long... yes
checking size of signed long... 4
checking for unsigned long... yes
checking size of unsigned long... 4
checking for signed long long... yes
checking size of signed long long... 8
checking for unsigned long long... yes
checking size of unsigned long long... 8
checking for freetype-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
checking ft2build.h usability... no
checking ft2build.h presence... no
checking for ft2build.h... no
checking freetype/freetype.h usability... no
checking freetype/freetype.h presence... no
checking for freetype/freetype.h... no
checking for lame_init in -lmp3lame... no
checking lame.h usability... no
checking lame.h presence... no
checking for lame.h... no
checking for avifile-config... no
checking whether we can compile the avifile test program... no
checking for Python.h and PIL... 2.3
checking whether we can compile the python test program... no
checking for missing libraries...  t1lib ungif freetype t1lib.h gif_lib.h
* The following headers/libraries are missing:  t1lib ungif freetype t1lib.h
gif_lib.h
* Disabling pdf2swf tool...
* Disabling gif2swf tool...
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile.common
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.common.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/action/Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating swfs/Makefile
config.status: creating pdf2swf/fonts/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/art/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/swf/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h

And I've just seen the missing libraries. How do I go about getting these?

Also, I read somewhere that these swf files cannot be viewed in flash media
player 9?!? Is this true? If so how would it be possible to view the files
in a flex application?

--

Jaz Chana
Applications Developer

Direct Dial: 0151 290 5917
Email: address@hidden

Web: www.cdms.co.uk <http://www.cdms.co.uk/>

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the
above named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. You must  take
no action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of CDMS Limited or it's
subsidiaries. Please note that e-mail communications may be monitored.  The
registered office of CDMS Limited and it's subsidiaries is 1st Floor, Skyways
House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB,  Registered number of CDMS
Limited is 406869.