Re: [Swftools-common] PDF Overlay OCR Text

From: Trevor Schave
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF Overlay OCR Text
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:25:40 -0500

Any ideas?  I'll jump into the source code if I have to, but I'd rather not.  Thanks.

Trevor

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Trevor Schave <address@hidden> wrote:
Matthias,

Thanks for the response.  I believe the version I am running is 2007-02-06-1213.  Keep in mind that I am using the -f flag so that I can search the text; however the text is no longer merely an invisible overlay, as in acrobat, but is actually visible on top of the image.  Here are the exact commands I am running and all output (using the same test pdf from before).  Thanks for the help.

Trevor

I:\Tools\swftools\snapshot>pdf2swf.exe -v -f -o C:\Users\Trevor\Desktop\testout.swf C:\Users\Trevor\Desktop\test.pdf > C:\Users\Trevor\Desktop\verbose.txt

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 10:20:29AM -0700, Trevor Schave <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am currently taking pdfs that have been OCRed with acrobat and converting
> them to swf.  However, pdf2swf takes the invisible overlay text and puts it
> directly onto the swf so that both the image and the text are visible.

Doesn't happen on my machine-
which pdf2swf version are you using?

Greetings