Re: [Swftools-common] Loading external images

From: Stephen Moran
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Loading external images
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 06:00:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eduardo,

My only thought would be that perhaps you are trying to load a progressive scan .jpg using a flash version prior to when they were supported. Either try to load a non-progressive scan .jpeg or make sure the flash version is >= 8, as I think that's when they added progressive .jpg support.

-Steve

Eduardo Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm building a simple flash movie using swfc and trying to load an
external image inside an actionscript block , this is my example:

.flash filename="test.swf" compress bbox=850x335

.sprite external
.end

.frame 20
.action:
_root.createEmptyMovieClip("test", 200);
var loader = new MovieClip();
loader.loadClip("http://someURL/someFILE.jpg");
_root.attachMovie(external, test);
.end

.frame 50
.put external x=10 y=10
.stop
.end

actionscript seems to get the image from the given URL but is not
shown in the movie... any ideas???

thanks

Eduardo Silva
http://edsiper.linuxchile.cl