[Swftools-common] FDView

From: Raphael Villas
Subject: [Swftools-common] FDView
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 22:32:50 -0600

I'm new to the list, so apologies if this was a previous topic... I'm customizing the look of pdf2swf using FDView (http://www.code4net.com/2005/11/05/fdview/). So far, I have been able to use the sample files for FDView, merging my pdf-converted swf files, but I'm not able to find any documentation about how to export my own FDViewer. Can anyone shed some light on which files to edit and how to compile the multiple Flash files into one 'viewer' file? I've begun digging a little bit into the source files but there are two things I haven't figured out

1) Which file compiles to the final viewer file. The source files do not have an "fdviewer.fla" even though the test viewer file is "fdviewer.swf"

2) Why are the example command line options for FDViewer different than the ones given for the pdf2swf tool?
=====
FDViewer example:
swfcombine -X 800 -Y 600 -o exported.swf fdviewer.swf '#1'="pdf-converted.swf"

pdf2swf example:
swfcombine --dummy `swfdump -XY tmp.swf` flashfile.swf -o exported.swf
=====

In the above example, I'm specifically referring to the '#1" option that is used.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Raphael