[Swftools-common] Could we think about a protection / encryption process

From: raphael benzazon
Subject: [Swftools-common] Could we think about a protection / encryption process for the swf from pdf2swf
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 01:02:03 +0000

Hi,

   I'm thinking about using pdf2swf to bring magazine pages in a flash application, but i need to be sure that it will be very difficult to backup the page's files and to use them to share the magazine easily. Otherwise, i will be forced to use an installed exe instead of a normal web page with a swf. And it will be a waste of time for the lectors. I'm kind of against installing a program when a solution exist to avoid it.
   The main problem is that these files will be available in the temporary internet file folder. So the best way is to add something in the swf that won't allow someone to see the content without to load it in the proper context ( i can handle the creation of this context in my application ). The problem is that there is no way to add script or to change the structure of the swf while pdf2swf is processing. So maybe it will be interesting to think about for next releases of your program, don't u think?
    I already saw that the swf generated can't be really disassembled in sothink decompiler, the fla that are generated don't show the text correctly, and it's a good point, but if you try to open the orinal swf, it works fine.

Thanks

Raph

Besoin d'un e-mail ? Créez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail et bénéficiez d'un filtre antispam gratuit ! Windows Live Hotmail