Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: can it produce valid AVM2 (Flash9) files?

From: Fabio Rotondo
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: can it produce valid AVM2 (Flash9) files?
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:08:17 +0200

Matthias Kramm wrote:

Hi Gregor and Matthias,

I have compiled the "-dev" version of pdf2swf, and calling conversion
with these parameters:

pdf2swf -T9 -f -p 1 -s insertstop -s jpegquality=50 "in.pdf" -o "out.swf"

but I get the following WARNINGS:

WARNING Ignored parameter: flashversion=9
WARNING Ignored parameter: storeallcharacters=1
WARNING Ignored parameter: insertstop=1
WARNING Ignored parameter: jpegquality=50
NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (453x680:0:0) (move:0:0)
NOTICE  SWF written

Is it really working or am I missing anything?

> Of course, it depends on what you would like to help me with.
>
> The most pressing thing right now are natural gradients, i.e. the
> conversion of PDF gradients to SWF gradients. Right now, PDF gradients
> are converted to (thousands of) SWF polygons, even though SWF has a
> gradient command.
> In order to implement this, the gradient call in lib/devices/swf.c needs
> to be implemented, and lib/pdf/GFXOutputDev.cc needs to be tweaked os it
> passes gradients (shaded fills) through.

Ok. I'll have a look. BTW: where can I find a reference of SWF commands
and their syntax? (if any?)

Ciao,
Fabio