Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: can it produce valid AVM2 (Flash9) files?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: can it produce valid AVM2 (Flash9) files?
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:17:29 +0200

Hi Fabio,

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 11:22:13AM +0200, Fabio Rotondo wrote:
> The problem is that the SWF is imported as a AVM1 (Flash8 or less) file
> and I cannot communicate in the right way from my Flex3 application.

Gregor is right-
a -T9 should do the trick (in the latest CVS version).

The corresponding AVM enabling code is to be found at lib/rfxswf.c at
line 1314:

  if(swf->fileVersion >= 9) {
      if (swf->firstTag && swf->firstTag->id != ST_FILEATTRIBUTES)
      {
          U32 flags = 0x8; // | 128 = usenetwork, | 8 = hasmetadata
          swf_SetU32(swf_InsertTagBefore(swf,
swf->firstTag,ST_FILEATTRIBUTES),flags);
      }
  }

> BTW: Matthias, I am quite a good C coder (writing in C since 1992),

1992? Not bad. You beat me by 4 years :)

> and I am loving your SWF tools. Do you need any help?

Always!

Of course, it depends on what you would like to help me with.

The most pressing thing right now are natural gradients, i.e. the
conversion of PDF gradients to SWF gradients. Right now, PDF gradients
are converted to (thousands of) SWF polygons, even though SWF has a
gradient command.
In order to implement this, the gradient call in lib/devices/swf.c needs
to be implemented, and lib/pdf/GFXOutputDev.cc needs to be tweaked os it
passes gradients (shaded fills) through.

Greetings