[Swftools-common] V 0.8.0 vs 0.8.1

From: Mike_Clark
Subject: [Swftools-common] V 0.8.0 vs 0.8.1
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:07:16 -0700

I've been using pdf2swf on a suse 9.3 server v 0.8.0 and installed 0.8.1 on a RHEL 5 server.  The resulting swf file is vastly different in quality between the two versions with the newer version being far inferior.

pdf file converted
http://uscourthousecafe.com/menus/dailymenu.pdf

pdf2swf -t -i -o menu.swf menu.pdf

resultant swf files.

What can I do to improve the quality of the swf?  Is this related to the versions of supporting software more so than pdf2swf?
You need t1lib, freetype and jpeglib to compile pdf2swf.

Mike Clark
LINUX/UNIX Systems & DB Admin
Washington Western Bankruptcy Court
(206) 370-5381