Re: [Swftools-common] problem adding preloader to swf file with fdviewer

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] problem adding preloader to swf file with fdviewer using swfcombine
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:28:34 +0200

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 09:18:39AM +0200, Nathalie Jumelet wrote:
> But I need to add a preloader, and I can not manage to make it work. I can
> see the loader but after, I just have a square.
>
> Has somebody already succeed to do this? Any clue?

It might work if you link the preloader by doing

swfcombine -o tmp.swf PreLoader.swf loader=yourloader.swf
swfcombine --cat tmp.swf fdviewerfile.swf -o finalfile.swf

I haven't tried this yet, though. If it doesn't work, you
might need to hack your own preloader, which, instead of being linked,
loads the second file with GetURL().

Greetings