[Swftools-common] swfc and accented characters. (UTF-8)

From: Bill Hall
Subject: [Swftools-common] swfc and accented characters. (UTF-8)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 01:43:19 -0400

Matthias,

 I am having problems getting accented characters into swfc...e.g. German umlats, accented chars in French,Italian, Spanish etc.  The sc file is saved as UTF-8 (without the BOM) and the double-byte (Chinese, JA,etc ) seem to come in OK .

 Was the following encoding ever completed? If so, what version contains it (It doesn't seem to be in 7).

Thanks!

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:41:34PM +0200, Patrick Brockmann wrote:
> .text astring text="RĂ©alisation"
> note the french accent
> will be with this UTF-8 notation
> . text astring text="R\xe9alisation"
>
> ok but gives RĂ©lisation (the "a" is missing)

The above actually parses as "R{\xe9a}lisation" as
the "a" is considered to be part of the \x, too.

I'm open to syntax suggestions on how to work around this
one-
my proposal would be to allow the string to be encoded as
R\xe9/alisation, with the "/" delimiting the \x command.
Does somebody have a better idea for a syntax? Otherwise
I'll implement the "/" version tomorrow.

Greetings