[Swftools-common] Programming click on Button - you can hear Sound - How

From: Jens Stolze
Subject: [Swftools-common] Programming click on Button - you can hear Sound - How to do?
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:41:00 +0100

Hi,

looking something like a "Nippelboard" (http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/downloads/) or a "weed-o-mat" (http://www.bpk-entertainment.de/index.php?bpk_main=downloads), I was inspire to program my own one. Using HTML has the disadvantage, that the sound is not playing in the background, a mediaplayer works in the foreground.

An article in LINUX INTERN März-Mai 2006 (Nr. 2/2006) (http://www.netzoffice.de/noj/content/view/62/18/) showed me, that the swftools might bring the solution... ;-). I studied the article, all examples at http://www.swftools.org/examples.html and the mails in the mailing list mit the word "BUTTON" or "SOUND", but a don't find the right way programming it.

Here is one of my first approach. It ends with compiling error.

# ---------- button10.sc ---------------------------
.flash bbox=100x100
.circle knopfnormal r=25 color=yellow fill=green
.circle knopfdrueber r=20 color=yellow fill=orange
.circle knopfgedrueckt r=15 fill=red
.circle aktiverbereich r=25 fill=black

# -------------------------------------
.button knopf
    .show knopfnormal as=idle
    .show knopfdrueber as=hover
    .show aktiverbereich as=area
    .show knopfgedrueckt as=pressed
.sound sound1 "ruhe-bitte.wav"
    .on_press:
        play sound1
    .end
.end

.put knopf
.end

If I exchange "play sound1" with "getURL("ruhe-bitte.swf", GET);", it will work but it is loading this in a new windowm but I want to work with only one window... ;-(

I think I have to include actionscript in this place. Also using a function would be a smarter way programming this.

Any hints?

Jens Stolze