[Swftools-common] SWF Tools, Flash and IE misbehaviour

From: Neal Murphy
Subject: [Swftools-common] SWF Tools, Flash and IE misbehaviour
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:02:04 -0500

I'm sending this here because this is the first potential problem source.

I have a small SWF I created with swftools. It seems that when its loop is
restarted, IE jumps back to the top of the window; this doesn't happen with
Konqueror or Firefox. And it doesn't seem to matter if the plug-in does the
looping, or if the SWF does the looping (via _root.play()).

One other tidbit: I just noticed the page is being refreshed with "#" appended
to the URL. This would explain why it jumps to the top of the page.

The demonstrator is: http://www.dhraonline.com/swftools-test.php.

I don't recall this topic arising in recent memory on this list.... I also
vaguely remember running into this problem a year or two ago.

Has anyone else ever seen this? Any ideas on how to make IE stop annoying
people viewing my website? (Well, other than telling them to DL Firefox?)

In the meantime, I'll have to switch the button (on the real web pages) back
to the original ani-GIF.

Thanks!

And thanks for SWF Tools!
--
Neal P. Murphy; Website & Information Systems
  Diesel Hot Rod Association, Inc.