Re: [Swftools-common] Path animation

From: Jacek Brzeski
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Path animation
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:52:39 +0200

Matthias Kramm wrote:

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:38:17AM +0200, Jacek Brzeski wrote:
is there any way of doing animation going on the path? I know I can use some actionscript to assign the sprite to some path (i've seen tutorial with circle path), but how to do it when talking about various paths (created as svg for example)?

I guess you could try to transform the svg into an swfc movie-
something like

M 521,640 L 502,678
   L 270,566
     .
     .
     .

=>

   .put object1=sprite x=521 y=640
   .frame n+=1
   .change object1 x=502 y=678
   .frame n+=1
   .change object1 x=270 y=566
      .
      .
      .

That will work as long as the SVG doesn't contain cubic spline operators
(C), as the .qchange command which will allow movement along a spline
is still a TODO.

Greetings