Re: [Swftools-common] swfc: .ttf charmap handling?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc: .ttf charmap handling?
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 16:25:46 +0200

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:16:25PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> a friend of mine told me .ttf fonts have different sorts of keymaps
> (cmaps) embedded, and i really found a way to view them using fonttools
> or ftinfo.
>
> e.g.
>
> $# ftinfo -a BeSnDi__.ttf|grep charmap
>
> returns
>
> $#BeSnDi__.ttf: 0: 0 charmap: Macintosh, Roman
> $#BeSnDi__.ttf: 0: 1 charmap: Microsoft, Unicode

Neat. Where do I get "ftinfo"?

> so theres my question: which type of these different charmaps
> is used in the embedded font used in an swf generated w. swfc?

See my other post- it's mainly up to the freetype library.
All swfc gets are the Unicode positions of the glyphs.

> i have problems with german special characters in some of the swfs
> created, and i thought the charset-matter might be a reason. true?

I'm currently looking into that umlaut problem- I don't think it's
font related though- all the "missing" characters are present in the
SWF, at the right encoding/Unicode positions. It's some quirk of
Flash edittext boxes...

Greetings