[Swftools-common] Re: New idea for converting an avi to a flash file --

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: New idea for converting an avi to a flash file -- Was Re: Problems with avi2swf
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:07:57 +0100

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:25:17AM -0800, Amartyo Banerjee wrote:
> The latest release version, 0.4.8. FYI, it grabs from a really old webcam,
> not the greatest. Maybe
> that contributes to the problem.

I now tried this.  More precisely, I did

    ffmpeg -i file.mpeg -t 30 -an -s cif 30sec.avi

(my video capture card isn't plugged in right now)
This, however, gives me a video which I can convert with avi2swf without
problems.

It may be that that webcam uses some weird color format, which is then
also encoded in the avi.
That would explain the "cannot convert to YUV" error message.

Greetings