[Swarm-Support] swarm installation problem, please help

From: Yanyuan Zhu
Subject: [Swarm-Support] swarm installation problem, please help
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 19:22:27 +0800

hey guys, i've got swarm problem on my computer.
I have two pc, thinkpad T43 and thinkpad X200
T43 runs debian lenny and x200 runs ubuntu 9.04

Following the instructions on this webpage http://jalvesaq.googlepages.com/swarm.html
i first installed swarm on t43's debian lenny and everything goes fine, i can run swarm applications such as heatbugs and sss

But it doesn't work on my x200's ubuntu 9.04. Specifically, i can install swarm bu either "./configure make make install" or "
dpkg-source" way. But the problem occured when i compiled swarm applications such as heatbugs.

cd heatbugs
vim Makefile
and change the line to "include /usr/share/libswarm/etc/Makefile.appl"
make

everthing seems fine and i can fine heatbugs in my /heatbugs directory
but when i run the program, error occured :

address@hidden:/opt/swarmapps-objc-2.2-3/heatbugs$ ./heatbugs
error: TkExtra (instance)
expected version number but got "8.5.0-8.6"
while executing
"package present Tcl 8.5.0-8.6"
ignored.
address@hidden:/opt/swarmapps-objc-2.2-3/heatbugs$

I've got tcl8.4 tk8.4 installed, basically the dependencies are like those on my T43's debian. but it doesn't work on my x200's ubunut 9.04.

any suggestion ? thanks a lot !

--
Yanyuan Zhu