[Swarm-Support] Wiki remodeling

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Wiki remodeling
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:26:51 -0800

Hello Swarm users:

We just implemented a major re-organization of the Swarm area of the SDG wiki www.swarm.org. The main purpose was to separate out content that now belongs in the new "Agent- and Individual-based Modeling Resources" area, and to clean up outdated stuff.

The Swarm area is now organized by three categories:
o Swarm software (downloads and installation information);
o Documentation (including tutorial and learning materials); and
o Applications and user-contributed code: example models and re-usable tools provided by Swarm users.

I would like Swarm users to help in a few easy ways:

1. Put a link to www.swarm.org on your web site! Help people find us. (And send us a link to your page, so we can put it on the wiki.)

2. If you maintain a site with code that other people can use in their Swarm models, let me know so we can add it to the page of such sites at: http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_contributed_code#Contributed_code_maintained_elsewhere

3. If you have useful and interesting example models or other useful code, please submit it to our archive. See: http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_contributed_code

4. If you find bad links in the wiki, or cannot find something that used to be there, please send a note to this list.

Steve Railsback
SDG Board of Directors