Re: [Swarm-Support] I have the strangest seg fault (ever)!

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] I have the strangest seg fault (ever)!
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:11:09 -0600

Paul Johnson wrote:

Is there some thing like "gdb" where I can compile with stronger range checking or something?

Besides scrutinizing -[Output createSequencesParty:] for ways you might get bad pointers in a data structure (e.g. frees without deletion, or creation methods that don't returned pointers because of, say, uninitialized values, one tool for detecting memory overruns is GCC's Mudflap. http://gcc.fyxm.net/summit/2003/mudflap.pdf

(Btw, I don't think that trace you sent is from valid data, some of the function call sequences simply aren't possible.)