Re: [Swarm-Support] How can I get start with Swarm software?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] How can I get start with Swarm software?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:05:41 -0400

You don't need to dl the "needed software". That stuff is needed for
people who are building Swarm packages, and you don't want to do that.
You want to find a pre-packaged version and install it.  I don't use
Windows myself, but I do try to offer pointers:
http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html

After that, I would suggest you download the User Guide and also the
full set of reference documentation. That's a package on the web site
ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/docs/swarmdocs/set-2.1.1-html.tar.gz

I would say it is easier to work with Swarm in Objective-C and if you
don't use Java, don't start just for Swarm.

cheers

pj
Ally wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am so excited to know Swarm software and Swarm people.
> I am a student and I want to use swarm modelling in my thesis , but I have
> some quesetions on installation of Swarm on my Windows 2000.
> 1)I learned a little about C programming, and none for Java.
> 2)I have no idea about Linux or Unix, I can only use OS as Windows.
> 3)I download some "needed software" such as gcc/tcl... from swarm.org,and
> swarm 2.1.1 downloaded.
> I don't know how to do next.I can't find any interface for swarm . The Guide
> for installation on Swarm.org is too simple for me, do you have any one
> detailed?

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504