Re: [Swarm-Support] MacOS X Packages updated

From: Ana Carrie
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] MacOS X Packages updated
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:17:42 +0000

Swarm applications are distributed separately: You will need to download and unpack applications independently. The apps are set up to be unpacked in a sibling directory to the Swarm libraries: if you unpack an application elsewhere, you will need to change the definition of the SWARMHOME environment variable. All you need to do to compile an application is type make , and it will compile and link.

---

This is from http://www.swarm.org/release-apps.html

Can someone explain "sibling directory" and whether this is relevant or not? Does it mean I need to move the apps to /usr/local/swarmapps-2.1.1 or another specific location for them to work?