Re: Debian users come to the rescue? gcc details inside (was Re: New com

From: Levente -Levi- Littvay
Subject: Re: Debian users come to the rescue? gcc details inside (was Re: New compile problem :(
Date: 31 Oct 2002 11:33:00 -0600

The patch sounds reassuring.  I think I have stock gcc.  (the gcc3 that
come with debian which is a gcc 3.04)  I also have a 3.2.1 installed
from a package, I think it's stock debian but might be from an
unofficial package that someone built.

Either case, I have no clue if it is the jacked up version or not, so I
will try the patch.  Until then:

> 1. What version of swarm are you trying to build

Latest CVS download, no patches.

> 2. What version of libtool do you have.

1.4.2-7.1

> 3. Make sure you have emacs and gperf installed

I have emacs19 19.34-26.5, I am not sure about gpref.  I could not find
an official debian package that had gpref even in its description.  (and
they are detailed descriptions)  Can you point me to a raw source.

I also attached what a

./configure --with-tlcdir=/usr/lib/tcl8.4
--with-tclincludedir=/usr/lib/tcl8.4 -
-with-tclscriptdir=/usr/lib/tcl8.4  --with-tkincludedir=/usr/lib/tk8.4
--with-tk
scriptdir=/usr/lib/tk8.4

had to say.

I also have a Gentoo installed.  If I can find the time tonight I might
switch over and see what it has to say about it.  (now that I know that
my last problam was a lack of emacs)

Thanks for the help everyone.