Watch out from j2skd rpm's if you use my swarm.rpm

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Watch out from j2skd rpm's if you use my swarm.rpm
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 06:36:00 -0500

I've gotten several emails about trouble getting swarm to work with the rpm of j2sdk that is available. If you are one of the people with this trouble, consider installing the authentic j2sdk tarball, as the attached information indicates, it seems to help.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Swarm Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:32:19 +0200
Many thanks. I installed jdk as you showed me and now swarm works fine!

Thanks Marco

22/07/2002 17.09.25, Paul Johnson <address@hidden> ha scritto:

>You are the second person who installed the java sdk from an rpm and
>can't get swarm to work. I fear the j2sdk1.4.0 install you made is not
>consistent with the original sun product.
>The rpm may try to split up the java files in a way that the RPM
>packager likes, but not consistent with what we need.
>
>Consider downloading their tar.gz version and installing the whole thing
>under /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0.
>
>Or, at least, you can compare your output with mine:
>
>$ ls /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/*
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/COPYRIGHT  /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/README
            /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/src.zip
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/LICENSE
>  /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/README.html
>
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/bin:
>appletviewer   idlj      javac    java-rmi.cgi  native2ascii  rmid
>tnameserv
>ControlPanel   jar       javadoc  java_vm       orbd          rmiregistry
>extcheck       jarsigner  javah    jdb          policytool    serialver
>HtmlConverter  java      javap    keytool       rmic          servertool
>
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/demo:
>applets  jfc  jpda  plugin
>
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/include:
>jawt.h
>jni.h  jvmdi.h jvmpi.h  linux
>
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre:
>bin
>  ControlPanel.html  javaws-1_0_1_02-linux-int.zip  LICENSE  README
>CHANGES  COPYRIGHT         lib                            plugin   Welcome.html
>
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/lib:
>dt.jar
>htmlconverter.jar  ir.idl  orb.idl  tools.jar
>
>/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/man:
>ja  ja_JP.eucJP  man1
>

>--
>Paul E. Johnson                       email: address@hidden
>Dept. of Political Science            http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn
>University of Kansas                  Office: (785) 864-9086
>Lawrence, Kansas 66045                FAX: (785) 864-5700

--- End Message ---