Scrolling/Resizing graphs

From: William Michael Rand
Subject: Scrolling/Resizing graphs
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:01:38 -0400 (EDT)

        So I have a graph that starts out on the Y-Axis with values in the
1000s and then drops over about 50 time steps to values in the 10s.  I
would love it if this graph would automatically scroll to only show the
last x time steps and would resize along the way.  However I haven't
found a way to do this yet.  I can scroll pretty easily by just adding an
extra step to the ObserverSwarm activity list and having it scroll all the
graphs simultaneously, but I can't figure out how to retrieve data from
the graphs to find out what the Y-Coordinates should be.  My current plan
is to write a couple of subclasses called ScrollGraph and ScrollGraphElem
that stand inbetween my code and Graph and handle these things.  Any
better suggestions?
-Bill

Bill Rand   1080 Island Drive Ct. #104  Ann Arbor, MI 48015 734-717-7965
address@hidden              http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wrand/
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.         --Dylan
     Rage, rage against the dying of the light."        Thomas