Re: simple simulation problem using java

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: simple simulation problem using java
Date: 10 Jul 2002 15:05:26 -0700

S> Hello I am a newbie to java swarm and I have problems with it.  I
S> have made a simple supply chain swarm simulation.

S> the simulation is about the performance of different mode of
S> market.  In this model, there are 3 agent classes, customer,
S> manufacturer, and supplier.  The other two classes are order and
S> trust.  Order is create by modelswarm and assign to customer.  Then
S> customer query price and deliver time to manufacturer.
S> Manufacturrer query to supplier, and supplier quote to
S> manufacturer.  After get the supplier's quote, manufacture return
S> the price to customer.  Then Customer(Manufacturer) choice the best
S> Manufacturer(Supplier) and start to produce the order.  At final,
S> customer(manufacture) update the trust history to Trust class.

S> Can you pleas have a look at it and help me.

It would help if you could actually tell us what the problem is.  We
can't just read your mind.  You need to tell us everything you have
done so that we can duplicate the bug (if it is indeed a bug).  Here's
a checklist:

1. include the platform you are using (e.g "Red Hat Linux 7.3", or
   "Windows XP" etc.);

2. which version of Swarm you are using ("2.1.1" or "prerelease5");

3. describe what the actual problem is, in as much detail as you can,
   including any and all steps that enable somebody to duplicate the
   bug on a different computer;

4. a gdb "backtrace" if the simulation core dumps is the most useful;

5. any special setup or data files that you use.

Please consult the section "Debugging Tips for Swarm" as part of the
User Guide:

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmdocs/userbook/swarm.tech.sgml.sect1.debug.html

Paul, can we make the above a FAQ?

Alex