Re: Whither SWARM

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Whither SWARM
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:19:30 -0500

Hey, John. I think we met at a swarmfest in 1998 or so. Glad to see you are back.

We are moving the machines and setting up a super swell new thing. For the moment, you can go here to see the stuff

http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/swarm/

The ftp to download swarm itself is still the same, although at the moment it appears to me the whole of the internet in New Mexico must be dead or dying. Ordinarily you can get there

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm

I think we are trying to move to a system that redirects logins to www.swarm.org among several servers.

pj

John Dockery wrote:
I have been out of touch with the SWARM community moving from contract
support of an application (96-98) to onlooker (99) all the way to
disengagement (00-02) due to retirement and health problems. Lately I have
interested myself in the general problem of terrorism which I view as a
coexisting and coextensive ecology occupying the interstices of the dominant
society.  SWARM seems made for this.

However, the SWARM web site is currently non-functional.  I got a reference
to this address from SFI.  Is SWARM still alive?  If so, from whence can I
get a current version?

John DOCKERY, PhD
703-620-2643
2507 Pegasus Lane