RPMS worth trying on Redhat 7.3

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: RPMS worth trying on Redhat 7.3
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 00:17:58 -0500

OK, I went back to the stock versions of libpng and libpng-devel and do not think users will hit that monkey business when they try to install my RPMS on RH7.3 systems.

So I think you just need hdf5 and swarms of yoru choice.

I made a new hdf5-1.4.3 rpm , just to be sure it was working together with the ssl and other details in 7.3 (there was a problem between 7.1 and 7.2 in that way).

If somebody would please test these, I would be glad to know if they work on some system besides mine:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.3/hdf5-1.4.3-1RH73.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.3/swarm-2.1.140.20020514-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.3/swarm-gcjswarm-2.1.140.20020514-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.3/swarm-static-2.1.140.20020514-1.i386.rpm

This assumes you have the current Sun java offerings installed in /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0.
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.3/swarm-jdk-2.1.140.20020514-1.i386.rpm

I did not use the Sun RPM, I use their shell script, which is really just a giant tarball you can dump on /usr/local. I do that because I like it that way, not filling up my /usr partition, which is already almost full of games that the RH7.3 upgrade installed in order to entertain me. Ever do the graphical RH install on 7.3? I hope I never hear anyone sing "lets go out to the kitchen" again.