Re: Swarm-2001-09-06 and jheatbugs-2001-03-28

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Swarm-2001-09-06 and jheatbugs-2001-03-28
Date: 13 Sep 2001 08:59:45 -0600

GP> More bad news I'm afraid. The install script for swarm-2001-09-06
GP> failed with the same problem as before -- looking for install-sh
GP> in the wrong place. (This occurs just after installation of
GP> libswarm.) To get around the problem, I copied install-sh from the
GP> top level swarm source directory to
GP> /software/swarm/swarm-2.1.1/swarm/bin, and then reran make install.

The Suns that I use all have GNU fileutils installed. GNU fileutils
provides a POSIX install program.  Maybe that's the difference.

GP> Function name=swarm_lookup_module

This makes me think that something went wrong with the build.
I suggest that you clear the source tree, and unpack it again.  When all
is built again, you should find the source tree has a file
src/defobj/modulemap.c that lists the modules followed by a large hash
function.  The compiled version of that on my Solaris 8 system ends up
being about 169k.

I've put a the latest version of jmousetrap that works for me with
recent snapshots of Swarm.

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/jmousetrap-2001-09-13.tar.gz