Data plotting against a population (not time)

From: Xiaodong Li
Subject: Data plotting against a population (not time)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:18:30 +1000

Hi all,

I am having trouble of finding the right methods for plotting data over
a population (instead of time). For example, what should I do if I want
to show all individual's fitness values of a GA population all at once,
and then proceed with a completely new update at the next time step? In
this case, the X-axis should show the 80 individuals (if that is the
population size), while the Y-axis will show the corresponding values
for these individual as shown along the X-axis.

The next time step should update the whole graph with a complete new set
of fitness values. This will continue until termination.

The EZGraph does not seem to do this kind of plotting, as it uses
sequences to plot data against time at each time step. The only closest
match is the FunctionGraph, however it requires a function, not what I
need here, ie., a set of values over a 2d grid.

Can anyone enlighen me? Thanks in advance!

-- Xiaodong