Re: Help with libtk8.3

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: Help with libtk8.3
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:43:36 -0500

Riccardo Boero wrote:

> I tryed to upgrade my Swarm/Linux system. I installed the jdk 1.3.1 and
> Swarm (with Paul Jonhnson's RPMs) on a RedHat 7.1.
> Now I have a problem with executing simulations with GUI.
> Can anybody help me?
>
> This is the error log of the HotSpot VM:

OK, this one is on my watch.

Lets do some basic checking first.  As my page instructs, you
have
/usr/local/jdk1.3
as a symlink to jdk1.3.1. Correct?

You installed swarm and swarm-jdk, right?  Which versions?

You build an application with
javacswarm PROGRAM.java
and you run the application with
javaswarm PROGRAM

If you installed swarm version 2.1.80 or later, you installed
the gcc packages I provided?

If all these answers are yes, tell us if you can run objective-c
swarm apps.
Dept. of Political Science
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn