Building Swarm On Cygwin: volunteer needed

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Building Swarm On Cygwin: volunteer needed
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:47:30 -0500

For the past two weeks, I've tried to build Swarm on a new Cygwin setup
and, while I made a great deal of progress, it is still not finished.
Since I use Linux, this is an out-of-the-way piece of work for me, and
I've had enough.  So I'm officially stopping, figuring that if this is
important to a Windows user somewhere, then somebody else will figure
out the last bits and let us know.

I have posted a list of problems encountered and work-arounds discovered
here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/Memos/swarmOnCygwin.txt

The Swarm compilation now gets through building files in all swarm
subdirectories, but it crashes on the last stage of making the
swarm.dll.  I sincerely hope that some windows user will invest as much
effort as I did and complete the deal.