how works forEach?

From: Ferraris
Subject: how works forEach?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:09:24 +0100

        Hi,

        I'm dealing with a problem of parallelism. The matter is: when we
create the actions in modelSwarm (using :[modelActions createActionForEach:
agentList message: M(step)];) how exactly does Swarm work?
It sends the messagge "step" to each member in the list without waiting for
answer or it sends "step" to the first member waiting the agent executes the
return self before sending the "step" selector to the second and so on?
In other words the control of the CPU is given to the agent till its "return
self" or a sort of effective  parallelism is done?  The time needed for each
model-step would be, more or less, equal to the sum of each agent's step time
also if I had a multi-processor computer?
        If anyone could help me many thanks

        Gigi