Re: Langton's ants in SVG [was a jipd-grid problem]

From: Tom Wainwright
Subject: Re: Langton's ants in SVG [was a jipd-grid problem]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:32:18 -0800

Thanks!  None of the the SVG viewers available on Linux will display the
examples you cited, but it looks like a promising approach.  I tried both
the Batik (http://xml.apache.org/batik/) and CSIRO
(http://www.cmis.csiro.au/svg/) viewers, both are Java-based and easy to
use.

Looking at the W3 page on conformance testing
(http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/BE-ImpStatus),
Batik, CSIRO, and Adobe have the most complete implementations of SVG, but
there is only a small feature set implemented by all three; hopefully it's
a useful subset.  Looks like it will be a while before portable
full-featured SVG will be possible.

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> TW> Sounds like this SVD stuff might be fun
>
> It's actually Scalable Vector Graphics, not Singular Value Decomposition. ;)

OOPS, statistical finger muscle memory strikes again.

Tom Wainwright
NOAA/NMFS/NWFSC
2030 S Marine Science Dr
Newport, OR 97365 USA