RE: SWARM query - parallelizable

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: RE: SWARM query - parallelizable
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:34:03 +0100

        Are you working in ObjC or in Java?

        Pietro

At 17.40 26/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
We are working on it, and expect to release a distributed jheatbugs soon.

Caveat lawyers, acts of God, etc.

(who knows how soon that really is - we only recently got it working on two
machines (one space per machine, connected by two edges, with migrating
heatbugs for the first time yesterday, and diffusion crossing the borders
today).

We still have to clean up, document, and benchmark, etc.
Good grief, maybe we'll even have to submit a paper to SwarmFest 2001.

P.S. As is, Swarm runs single-threaded, so no, it is not parallelizable.
And synchronizing time across a network is not as easy as it looks.

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544   address@hidden      http://www.erim.org/
Center for Electronic Commerce, Environmental Research Institute of Michigan