Re: more Swarm-java questions

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: more Swarm-java questions
Date: 03 Jan 2001 13:44:59 -0800

PJ> What do Java users do when they want to draw pixmaps

The Swarm Pixmap interface is disabled in etc/interface.el.  You can
enable it if you want (that requires a rebuild of Swarm).

PJ> Is a Java user able to take Screenshots?

Same issue.

Most of the old gui interfaces are disabled to avoid further
propagation of the Tcl/Tk GUI stuff.

PJ> unable to find Java selector `getObjectAtX:Y:' in objc: `JavaProxy'.

That means your Java Grid2d subclass doesn't have this method.
"JavaProxy" tells you that the object in question is pure Java
and not backed by an Objective C Swarm class.

PJ> and the object2ddisplay's "setCollection" method may be
PJ> looking only for a Swarm collection.

I believe that should work, as the JavaCollection proxy has
the forEach:: method that Object2dDisplay requires.

PJ> Please let me know when you think there is a "relatively more
PJ> permanent" snapshot.

Predict the future.. that sort of thing?  Fwiw, I won't be back from
vacation until the 7th.