Re: Emacs/Swarm question

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: Re: Emacs/Swarm question
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:25:36 -0800

I looked in section 3.5 of the FAQ yesterday and tried to diagnose the problem based upon what you had written there. At work, I am running Swarm-2.1.1 on a Win 98 machine. From what I gathered in the FAQ this means that the autoexec.bat file needs to have "SET HOME=C:\Swarm-2.1.1 SET SWARMDIR=C:\Swarm-2.1.1 " in it.

And, the quote from Marcus that the "shell, compilation and debugging preconfiguration information won't be available" if Home isn't properly specified and .emacs isn't located there, seems to apply to my problem. I can't run the shell, the colorization settings aren't working, and it won't run my software in the debugger.

But, I have checked the autoexec.bat file and it includes the relevant lines about setting the HOME and SWARMDIR. And, I have confirmed that the .emacs file is in the directory specified by the HOME instruction. Yet, still the error.

As a next step, I looked at the .emacs file itself. The .emacs file contains a references to "cygpath." And, I wondered why this would be if Swarm-2.1.1 doesn't need Cygnus?

Anyway... I am lost on this problem.  Thanks in advance for any help.

        Darren

"SCHREIBER,DARREN MATTHEW" wrote:

 I just came into the office where I was working on my schelling model up
 to a few months ago and tried to run it.  I noticed emacs seemed to not be
 setup correctly and I rebooted.  Upon rebooting and restarting emacs I
 noticed the following error at the bottom of the emacs window:

 Error in init file: File error: "Searching for program", "no such file or
 directory", "C:\\Swarm-2.1.1\\bin\\cygpath"

I suspect that somebody has changed your environment settings or the
mount setttings on your hard disk.  The way they "ought to be" is
described in the SwarmOnlineFaq.

         Darren

                 Darren Schreiber
                  Attorney at Law